29 October 2005

International House of Weird Marriages

Not that I'm complaining or anything. It's just that something just happened a few minutes ago which drove home the point that Seraphim and I truly are cosmically connected.

First of all, look at the time of this blog. It's Saturday morning, and it's still before 10:00, something unusual when it's a weekend at home, just us. Last night I went into the bedroom to lay down and take a nap ... it was about 1130, and I was a bit tired. I had some things I wanted to do, but I figured I could wake up, ohhh, about 1 or 2 AM, and get back into the 'music room' to do some webpage work.

As Seraphim can quickly attest, there is no such thing as "Talmadge going into the bedroom late in the evening, with the purpose of taking a short nap and getting back up." Nope. Every bloody time it turns into going to sleep for the night! You'd think I would learn my lesson, right?

Well, this morning was no exception. Woke up, and looked at the clock. 655 AM. @#$%!!! And now I'm friggin' AWAKE! I get out of bed, and go into the music room to do some webpage work, and do some video dubbing for a trade I'm working on. Seraphim wakes up about 830, then goes into the living room to catch up on watching some programs she recorded.

About 15 minutes ago I go in there, sit on the couch, and look at Seraphim. I sigh, and say, "Dammit, Seraphim...." She looks back at me, and a few moments later says, "I'll go get dressed."

That's it. No other words exchanged. Saturday morning at 10:00, fully awake, just us, and I'm hungry. And only one thing will fit my craving right now: Breakfast Sampler at IHOP.

[It's here I insert my requisite "WHY THE @#$% CAN'T WE GET A GOOD BREAKFAST RESTAURANT UP HERE TOWARD EFFINGHAM COUNTY??!!??!! I'LL TAKE A DENNY'S. A PERKIN'S. HELL, I'LL EVEN TAKE A SHONEY'S!!]

I don't want anything else edible but pancakes, eggs, bacon, ham and hash browns. Not a thing else. And this means a trip BACK "into town" -- that is, going to Mall Boulevard in Savannah, where our only IHOP is located. Hence, the sigh and the "dammit" remark. When I'm here for the weekend, and it's just us, the last damn thing I want to do is go back into Chatham County for any reason!

But I can taste the Breakfast Sampler. I must have one.

What a marriage I have. We can look at one another a certain way, and know what it means. IHOP is now our plan, and we never even uttered those letters.

And Seraphim now craves her omelet. And since she's now out of the shower, it's my turn.

On that note, Ciao for niao.

--Talmadge "Rooty, Tooty, Fresh 'n' Snarky" Gleck

No comments: