06 January 2006

Five years ago this afternoon...

...I was making a vow before family, friends (Bolivar and Nettiemac included) to love, honor and cherish a woman named Seraphim as long as I shall live, forsaking all others.

And today, on what is our 5th ANNIVERSARY, my feelings of love for Seraphim have only grown. It's hard to describe it. What we have is an unusually perfect bonding of two souls. Two people who sometimes frustrate and annoy the other, but always love, treasure and cherish what we have.

It's a quirky love. It's a content love. It's a comfortable love. It's a love that still puts a big smile on my face in the morning when I wake up and see her face. It's a love I would never think of putting at risk. Simply put, I'd sooner destroy my vintage radio, video and music collections than intentionally put any hurt on my Seraphim.

If Seraphim were a postage stamp, she'd be that famous upside-down airplane -- one of a kind, irreplacable if lost or destroyed.

Sick to your stomach yet? Good.

As we sometimes say to one another, "I love making other people sick with you."

My biggest wish and prayer as we're entering a new year is that both Bolivar and Nettiemac are able to find their own versions of what Seraphim and I found in each other. In Bolivar's case, it's not gonna happen anytime soon - but it doesn't stop me from wishing.

Happy anniversary, Seraphim. I love you. You're the best, and deep inside you know it.

XXXXXXXXX

--Talmadge "Seraphim's Hubban'" Gleck

4 comments:

Seraphim9 said...

No, Talmadge.....YOU are the BEST!!

-Seraphim "Got my fingers in my ears and singing loudly so I can't hear any of YOUR indignant retorts." Gleck :)

nettiemac said...

Blessings to both of you on this incredibly special day!!! I love you both!!!!!

Talmadge G. said...

Seraphim, m'dear:

Putting your fingers into your ears and singing loudly might work when we're in the car. But it's not much good when reading a blog. :-D

YOU'RE THE BEST. Deal with it. Accept the truth, Seraphim.

I love you. Happy Anniversary again -- dinner was wonderful.

-TG

PS to Nettiemac: we love you too.

bolivar said...

Talmadge, you are right - it's not gonna happen anytime soon. But that doesn't mean that I am going to completely rule it out. As Jon Anderson said back in 1983, "It could happen to you, it could happen to me, it could happen to everyone eventually." But I think it was the immortal words of Chevy Confucious that summed it best for me (and what I told Nettiemac the other evening):

"There is a force in the universe that makes things happen. And all one has to do is get in touch with it. Stop thinking. Let things happen. And, above all else, be the ball."

I don't think it can be explained any better than that. Just remember to be the ball.

But seriously, I don't think that I could have two better friends (three if you include Nettie) in the world. I love both of you very much, & this is a joyous celebration! Five very wonderful years! Live it up and be happy!

I love you both & hope to see you soon.

Bolivar "Be the Ball" Shagnasty