24 February 2006

Arkansas, beware!

...Talmadge & Seraphim Gleck are just three (3) short days from darkening your state's boundaries.

We're leaving Effingham County Friday afternoon for the wilds of Troy. There, it'll be the usual fun 'n' frolic with Tiger. Sunday we'll head toward The Natural State® with a stopover in Tunica, Mississippi ... where has-been '70s & '80s pop stars go to die. We're gonna be one day too late for the K.C. & The Sunshine Band concert.

Drat it. I guess that means I have to wear my dull 'n' dreary white New Balances, and not my-my-my-my-my boogie shoes!

We're very excited about this trip, a vacation we've been planning for about six months -- the last time we saw Bolivar was in the Spring of '01, when he came over to Savannah for a few days; Seraphim and I were mere newlyweds!

And the last time I visited Arkansas was November '99 ... Bolivar was still living in Jonesboro at the time, and my then-just-a-girlfriend-but-what-an-awesome-girlfriend Seraphim came along for the ride.

My hope is to provide some "reports from the field", so don't take your eyes off this blog.

Have a fantastic week, friends..........

And ciao for niao.

--Talmadge "Everybody in the car, boat leaves in two minutes! Or perhaps you don't want to see the second largest ball of twine on the face of the earth, which is only four short hours away?" Gleck

No comments: