17 June 2006

Ready to kill.

It's rare that I'll ever post something relating to work on this blog.

But today I'm making an exception.

Two people from our home office's IT department came to town yesterday to install and configure our new satellite receivers (called, strangely enough, "content depot"), as well as upgrade our audio storage and automation software. That was supposed to be a simple software upgrade, nothing affecting the integrity of the hard drive's contents.

I had no idea they were also upgrading both our production and master control boxes from Windows 2000 to XP. They didn't tell us this. Had I known this ahead of time, I would've backed up crucial files, i.e. automation playlists and our generic promos, module programs and such.

My station manager called me a few minutes ago. When he said "Are you sitting down?", I knew what came next would not be good.

You guessed it. Our Keystone IT Kops wiped out both hard drives. Everything. Gone. Buh-bye. Seeya. Ciao for niao.

I want to kill. Kill!! KILLLLLLL!! KILLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!! (apologies to Arlo Guthrie)

@#$%@#$%!

The small silver lining is, at least I can start downloading some of our modules and promos from here via FTP. I can then hit the ground running.

Ciao for niao.

--Talmadge "Not very happy and content at the moment" Gleck

No comments: