01 September 2006

I bet this blog has got SCMODS......

Have you ever had one of those moments where, suddenly, a line or a piece of dialogue from one of your favorite movies just hits you at the most random time?

I just had one, and it just cracks me up ... it's from The Blues Brothers (1980) - my favorite movie of all time. Jake and Elwood are driving along, listening to Sam & Dave, and they run a red light. A cop pulls out behind them and hits his lights. Elwood looks in his rear-view mirror, and the conversation which follows is just beautiful:

E: "Shit."
J: "What?"
E: "Rollers..."
J: "No!"
E: "Yeah."
J: "Shit."

One word each ... gawd I'm laughing. I guess this means I pull out the DVD and watch this puppy for - what? - the 23,898,923th time?

I'm hopeless.

Ciao for niao.

--Talmadge "Orange whip?" Gleck

2 comments:

nettiemac said...

State County Municipal Offender Data System.

One hell of a great movie.

bolivar said...

Bolivar to Talmadge: It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.