23 August 2007

Uh oh .... the bite is swelling and inflamed.

The bite from Newvehiclius Wannabuyibus.

Seraphim and I are looking to trade in our 2004 Honda Element (a/k/a "The PMT" - [P]sychedelic [M]ilk [T]ruck) for something with a little bit better gas mileage. Searching around the various car websites has gotten us hooked.

Dammit, that's the psychology of it all, ain't it?? "New Car Fever." Once you start thinking about some new wheels, it gets under the skin and suddenly what one is driving now appears, well, dull as dirt.

Saturday we're going to trek north of the river to what has become "The New River Auto Mall" -- a bunch of car dealerships which have sprouted like mushrooms along US-278 near Hardeeville, S.C. We're looking for a smaller SUV - again, like the Element, only with a few more miles to the gas tank and a better backseat. My son -- if it isn't official now, it'll be soon enough -- is going to be taller than I am. Nettiemac and Bolivar, you two have ridden in the back of The PMT™ ... you know how cramped it is for anyone taller than, say, Danny DeVito.

Stay tuned to this station for further updates. Action Central news at :55, bulletins at any time.

Ciao for niao.

--Talmadge "Honda ... Toyota .... or ..... hmmmmm?" Gleck

4 comments:

nettiemac said...

I understand. I too have been bitten lately by the needs betterus vehicularis insect. I am seriously looking at a smaller SUV a la a Ford Escape or Toyota RAV4 (size wise). Even .... dare I say it? .... a KIA Sportage. Something not too huge -- no Yukon or Tahoe for me, thanks -- with enough room for me and Maddox.

Talmadge G. said...

Seraphim and I were out test-driving cars tonight. We had three picked out. This could get very interesting.

KIA? Those things lose value quicker than mortgage loan company stock. Plus the gas mileage is terrible and they get the black circle in the latest Consumer Reports reliability index.

RAV4 is a solid choice. So is the CR-V. Each dependent on ones' needs. Ford Escape? Hmmmmm....

-TG

nettiemac said...

Well, I still haven't decided. There's a little voice in me that's saying to hold off until October. I don't know why, but it is. So I will respect that.......

Size-wise, I like the smaller ones, because I don't want to get in the habit of carting around too much. I already do that in my car, and it's gotta stop.

I'm thinking a nice used ones. I've been looking at the Budget of Greenville website. They have some fairly nice ones......

We'll see come October. We'll see what's on the lot then.

Talmadge G. said...

It seems that Seraphim and I have decided. And at about 455 this afternoon we signed on the dotted line.

Actually, the experience in the F&I office wasn't that bad. In fact, the bleeding only stopped a few minutes ago. Thank God for my wife's Girl Scout training and her tourinquet prowess.

This is gonna blow your mind, friends, so watch the blog.....