28 September 2007

Gloat-In-A-Hurry™

The wonders of technology -- all them there wires (pron. "wars") makin' up the internet, to be more spiceffic pacific exact -- never cease to amaze me.

The ability to browse a car dealer's real-time inventory online is a tremendous sales asset.

That same asset, however, can also be used to see how long certain cars remain on the lot.

Case in point: the 2007 Corolla we looked at nearly two weeks ago in Bluffton, S.C. Guess what? She's still on the lot.

Y'wanna know something I found out recently? Most all car dealers FINANCE their current inventory. Meaning, the longer a piece of iron stays parked outside, the more interest $$$$ the dealer is paying. (Too bad I didn't know this info when Toyota was playing their "good cop/bad cop" games)

At this rate, it'll be costing Stokes-Brown more in the long run than it would had they only offered a little more "give" in our direction in order to get that car sold.

I have a snot-filled kleenex for them to cry into.

Ciao for niao.

--Talmadge "Zoom-Zoom!" Gleck

2 comments:

nettiemac said...

Heh heh heh!!!!

Alas, my Ford Escape that I had my eye on managed to do just that.... escape. :( Oh well.... you never know what may show up on the lot soon.

Talmadge G. said...

Oh well .... if you missed one, another'll show up soon enough.

Today "Rupert" turned 4,000 miles. We've been piling the miles on him. Can't help it; I've enjoyed driving that Escape. The gas mileage we've gotten so far (worst = 23.9; best = 28.2) is better than what was on the sticker (20-city/26-highway). Heck, I was doing well to get 25 MPG out of a tank of gas in the Element. And that was usually driving by myself. Average with both of us: 20-22.

And the audio system isn't half bad, either. Gotta hand it to Ford.....

Still, I sometimes look at that blue oval in the middle of the steering wheel and it still seems a little ... surreal ....

We'll keep the fingers crossed for you.