21 September 2007

Poor Louis.....

News item which just appeared on the Montgomery NBC affiliate's 6PM cast:

www.wsfa.com/Global/story.asp?S=7112315&nav=0RdERsKq

Video can be seen from a link on the main site.

All because the suspect was said to have been angry over not being allowed to use the family car.

I've said it before and I'm saying it again: We, as humans, are unworthy of the pure, unconditional love that dogs give us.

It makes me want to give extra lovin' to every dog I see, just in case any of 'em are losing faith in their human providers, most of who know it's hardly a coincidence that "dog" is God spelled backwards.

Dogs are better than humans, period.

Ciao for niao.

--Talmadge "Sick" Gleck

4 comments:

nettiemac said...

I heard about this one from some girls on the messageboard. I am SICK over the way people treat their dogs.

Before Maddox, I hadn't owned a pet (save for 2 goldfish) in TWENTY years. In the last four months, I have become galvanized in my beliefs about the importance and value of having a household pet. I thought I was always a cat person until Maddox came along. My brother just said tonight, "I can't imagine life without Maddox."

Nor do I want to.

There's a legend that when we die, God appears to us as that which we fear and hate most. I hope that for this guy and the dog abusers of the world, God is a big ol' honkin' Rottie -- and a pretty damn pissed one at that.

Seraphim9 said...

{sniff, sniff} Puddy is now enjoying the leftover sesame chicken and rice I had for supper tonight - which I was saving for lunch tomorrow. Doggone it all, I yelled at her tonight because she was begging for some while I was eating.

And in your absence I will make sure to give her extra "huggys" until your return!

Talmadge G. said...

That dog has us both wrapped around her left front paw.

Not that I'm complaining, mind you...

Nettiemac, funny you mention thinking you're a "cat" person. I thought the same thing about myself until I was practically strong-armed into getting a dog by Whatzername. She was dying to have a dog. And Tiger was excited about it, too.

It's as if dogs can sense when they have people they have to 'win over.' Because the dog we got - a blond Cocker named Ginger (real name) - became my shadow. A Daddy's girl.

I think I've told the story on what became of Ginger. If I haven't (Seraphim, you know already), then say the word and I'll post it.

I can understand how you and your brother feel.

nettiemac said...

I don't think I've heard the Ginger story. Or if I have, it's been a long time ago.

Do tell!