02 January 2008

Long as we're on the topic of gambling.....

So I went down to the Gate station a little while ago to get a paper and a 44-oz "Fountain" Dew. And, as I'll do from time to time, I bought a scratch-off. Or, as my brother's ex-wife used to call 'em, "scratch-n-sniffs."

It was one of those "win up to five times" games, and I won five times, all right. This is damn near insulting:

I mean, why not just have one moneybag with a "$5" space underneath?

Or should I just shut up, take the $4.00 windfall and run?

Ciao for niao.

--Talmadge "Running" Gleck

3 comments:

Kate/Susan said...

At least you won :-) Shut up and take the money. LOL

Talmadge G. said...

Yeah, that's what I'm doing.

Still, it IS insulting when you look deeply enough into that gift horse's tonsils.

Kate/Susan said...

Yeah, I agree. :)