06 January 2008

On the 12th day of Christmas...

...my True Love gave to me: One golden ring!

Today is Talmadge & Seraphim's 7th anniversary. Last night, over dinner at Logan's, the missus asked me if I was beginning the "seven-year itch"? While scratching all over my arms and sides like a deranged monkey, I calmly answered "No."

How can I express the love I continue to have for this woman? Two years ago, I posted in this very space:

"It's hard to describe it. What we have is an unusually perfect bonding of two souls. Two people who sometimes frustrate and annoy the other, but always love, treasure and cherish what we have.

It's a quirky love. It's a content love. It's a comfortable love. It's a love that still puts a big smile on my face in the morning when I wake up and see her face."

Two years after having written the above words, I only feel them more strongly.

Seven years of marriage is an accomplishment in itself -- but, as I told her yesterday evening, "This anniversary will be trumped by the REAL milestone occurring in March: 10 years since our first date." March 7, 2008 is going to be a red-letter day in the Gleck household.

Happy Anniversary, Seraphim. Thank you for the life we have together.

I love you.
XXXXXXXXX

--Talmadge "Lovestruck" Gleck

[PS to readers: if you're feeling a bit queasy by now, just think how sick we make each other....]

2 comments:

Seraphim9 said...

{{{blush}}}

Talmadge, you know that you and I must be a truly special couple when the majority of our romantic moments include us uttering phrases like, "You make me sick.", "You suck.", and "What's that smell?". I guess because we know it's done with the utmost love and respect.

Happy Anniversary to you, too! I love you, you old coot!

XXXXXXXXX
--Your Seraphim

Talmadge G. said...

And the smell, as always, is exhaust from the blue flame burning in my heart for thee.

Sickeningly Sweet Moment #78: While on our way back from a trip to Arkansas in 1998. We were at a traffic light in Carbon Hill, Alabama. A sign pointed toward the town of Nauvoo. Seraphim looked at me, and with a smile on her face and hand over her heart, said, "Naw-voo"

I'd never heard words of love spoken more sweetly in my life.

I'm just sayin'....

And I Nauvoo, too.
XXXXXXXXX

--Your Old Coot Tallie-Pooh