13 March 2008

Scott Adams pushes the envelope....

I've been a fan of the Dilbert comic strip since I first saw it in the early '90s. Yes, Scott Adams' drawing style is crude, but it reminds me of the Jay Ward school of animation (Bullwinkle) ... terrible, very basic and cheesy, but you forgive it because the writing is so damned brilliant.

You just have to see the current storyline. Adams is a very brave man:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/artsandliving/comics

Select "Dilbert", then go back and start with the strip dated March 8th.

I damn near wet my pants when I saw what happened to Wally.

(Oh, and in other comic news - today it appears Elizabeth and Anthony have finally become engaged)

Ciao for niao.

--Talmadge "I'm not weird, I'm just drawn that way" Gleck

2 comments:

nettiemac said...

Now I have been LOVING the Hay-Soos strips -- as has my pastor!!!!

Kate/Susan said...

That was awesome!

Check out the season finale of Mr. Deity if you haven't yet :) Jesus is speaking in a British accent. LOL

For my money, nothing can beat Pickles in the comix department.