12 May 2008

A bookmark, and less of me

Tonight was the first weigh-in after joining Weight Watchers. Proud to say there was 6.0 pounds fewer on that scale than there was this time last week. Got my "second week" bookmark, too.

The meeting was largely about "activity" (just a fancy, politically-correct euphemism for the "E" word), and how we can get in a few extra steps in our day-to-day lives. Some good ideas were discussed, and I'll be sure to try some of them.

On a bad-timing note, tonight for the first time I saw at Kroger ice cream sandwiches with VANILLA wafers instead of the usual chocolate. 3 points per each, not as bad as I was afraid of. That'll make for a nice "filler" in case I need it in the evening. And that'll give me a sorely-needed dairy item. Milk, you see, is down there with such delectable liquids as Pepsi, Hydrochloric Acid and sewage runoff (and not necessarily in that order). Go figure -- I love milkshakes, but cannot stand any kind of milk when offered straight.

I'm not there yet, however every week is an improvement. Already I'm eating better than before my first meeting a week ago. And those Lean Cuisine pepperoni pizzas, when zapped for 2:45, taste dead on perfect. Got a few more tonight at the grossy-stoh.

I also said something about it on the radio today, so there's certainly no turning back now.

Here's to another week down this different road!

Ciao for niao.

--Talmadge "289.2" Gleck

5 comments:

nettiemac said...

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fantastic! I'm so proud!!!

Melissa said...

Go Gleck! :)

Some "ice cream as a dairy food" suggestions:

Skinny Cow Brand - all sorts of good stuff and it's tastes good...low cal.

Healthy Choice - they have vanilla caramel ice cream sandwiches with caramel (vanilla cookies)

My big weakness: Edy's Grand Slow Churned!

My new "freezer find" is Cedarlane products - most might have stuff you are opposed to but they are tasty....and low cal - they are prob in the "fru-fru organic section". Amy's Kitchen also makes some good entrees.

Good luck! :)

Talmadge Gleck said...

I have an intimate inside track on how good the entrees are from "Amy's Kitchen."

Oh. Wait. You mean that OTHER Amy's kitchen.......

I've seen the Healthy Choice vanilla caramel -- how are those? How noticeable, i.e. texture, are the caramel streaks?

Thanks for the tips, Melissa!

-TG

Talmadge Gleck said...

Oh, and those "Amy's Kitchen" entrees are a part of what got me into this mess in the first place!! ;-)

Melissa said...

I think the texture of the Heathy Choice stuff is similar to that of reg ice cream - although I have eaten "light" ice cream for so long that reg seems to have a funny texture!