08 May 2008

Hey Seraphim, watch me pull a post out of my hat.

(Again??!!)

I've been watching some classic "Rocky & Bullwinkle" episodes from an old '90s-era VHS set a co-worker of mine has. Jay Ward and Bill Scott created what in my mind is the most brilliantly-written cartoon series east of Looney Tunes and west of Family Guy. The animation was farmed out to a cheap place in Mexico, and it showed. It looked worse than your average '60s Hanna-Barbera garbage.

But nobody cared! That's how magnificent they were.

Boris Badenov, above, was the nemesis of "moose and squirrel." I liked Boris when I was little, but as a middle-aged old fart I find him funnier and funnier the more I see him. The expressions on his face, and that mock-Russian cold war accent just makes me laugh out loud.

That's all. Just thought I'd share.

Ciao for niao.

--Talmadge "Sharrup Your Mouth!" Gleck

1 comment:

nettiemac said...

We joke because we have a customer whose A/P contact is Natasha -- and she is definitely some type of Eastern European. Still has a thick accent.

You've no idea how badly I wanted to ask her if she'd seen moose and squirrel. (I also had a customer who was Boris. Same problem with him.)