20 May 2008

A little drive-by

So I stopped by the Kroger on the way into work this morning to get a couple of things, and you'll never believe the first full song I heard over the PA system (a/k/a "KRGR - Kroger Radio"):

Thin Lizzy's "Jailbreak."

The mild jolt of hearing such a 'harder' song at 8:30 in the morning in a grocery store aside, my thoughts turned toward Bolivar. I just know he'd gone in early to the Kroger regional HQ in Memphis and was playing around with the music mix. It seemed like that was his cosmic way of saying hello from within his regular hibernations.

Hi right back to you, Bolivar ol' pal.

--Tal

PS: "Jailbreak" has a great story behind it with us. Some of you know the tale, but if you haven't heard it, say the word and I'll explain.

2 comments:

nettiemac said...

BWAAAAAAAAAAH!!!! Irony, thy name is.

bolivar said...

I know I am so far behind in my post. I will catch up. In the meantime, Tal, take care, my friend.

Word verification: "wpidfy". Well the WPID is a new rap station somewhere I'm sure, and the "fy" is the message that rap usually sends.