10 June 2008

Tag team...

Kate/Susan threw a baton down I-95 in my direction. I'm it. Here goes with a so-called "MeMe"......

The rules:
Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.

What was I doing ten years ago?
I was beginning my wonderful life with Seraphim. However, that life was 93.1 miles from the end of my driveway. I was cultivating something positive far away while I was clawing desperately to escape Troy, Alabama, trying to break free from a job I was loathing more and more each day in a town I already reviled, as I maneuvered landmines left and right pertaining to my ex-wife and her shining stable of friends, bid-doers, and assorted hangers-on.

Only in Troy could a mother who sends a child to school with a burst eardrum and leaves a 7-year-old alone for more than 30 minutes to go run an errand be regarded as a much-acclaimed Super Mom.

In 1998, it was life outside Troy which pretty much kept me going (outside of a lame newspaper column and really fun moonlight radio gig on Thursday nights). Again, Seraphim had entered my life just months earlier, and I'd recently met two people who would go on to become much-revered friends of mine: Steve F. (who passed away in 2004) and Nettiemac.

What are five (non-work) things on my to-do list for today:
1. Finish this damned MeMe.
2. Go pick up my wife after work.
3. Have supper.
4. Do some walking tonight while my wife has cake class. What's that word? Oh yeah, "Actunity!"
5. Get to sleep at a decent hour tonight.

5 Snacks I enjoy:
* BOILED PEANUTS, BABY!
* Cashews ... no more. Too many points, I cannot stop at just a handful, and I don't want to see 300 pounds.
* Popcorn, especially these days.
* Ice cream sandwiches.
* Crackers.

(I've never had that much of a sweet-tooth)

Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
Build some more roads between Effingham and Chatham counties. Build a high-speed rail connection from Bryan and Effingham into Chatham and upgrade Savannah's public transportation system.

Invest heavily in alternative energies because it's inevitable that at some point we're going to have to divest ourselves from the Middle East and their earl supply. We're their biggest customer, and the best way to strike a blow against terrorism would be to remove ourselves from their client list.

Oh yeah, almost forgot the big thing: buy a tank of gas.


Places I have lived:
Birmingham, Ala. (first six months of my life)
Madison, Ala. (1965-1971)
Tupelo, Miss. (1971-1978)
Cape Girardeau, Mo. (1978-1982)
Hot Springs, Ark. (1982-1985)
* college: Jonesboro, Ark. (1984-1987)
North Little Rock, Ark. (1985-1987)
Pine Box Bluff, Ark. (1987-1990)
Troy, Ala. (1990-1991)
Enterprise, Ala. (February-November 1991)
Troy, Ala. (1991-2000)
Savannah, Ga. (2000-2004)
Rincon, Ga. (since 2004)

Jobs I have had:
Except for the Summer of 1984, when I worked as Assistant Manager of a stereo store in Hot Springs (by default -- there were just two of us and the other guy was the manager!), all my jobs since 11th grade have been in the radio field. One-trick pony, thy name is Tal.

I guess that's it. If you're reading this, tag - you're it.

Ciao for niao.

--Talmadge "Press 5 for Extremely Satisfied, Press 4 for Somewhat Satisfied, Press 3 for Neither Satisfied Nor Dissatisfied, Press 2 if you just don't give a flying f--" Gleck

No comments: