10 June 2008

Talmadge versus WW Vanilla Smoothie Mix

My first mistake was ass/u/me'ing the Weight Watchers French Vanilla Smoothie Mix was akin to the Carnation No-Sugar-Added Instant Breakfast.

Ass out of me, and me alone. I'll take the fall. This was a completely different animal.

Okay, one good thing: I could taste the vanilla.

Bad thing? It's meant for the blender, not an ordinary stirring motion in a glass. The Carnation Instant Breakfast dissolved as easily as Splenda in a tall cold glass of Carey Hilliard's iced tea. But the WW stuff was stubborn. I'm not too good with solid things in drinks (sole exception: ice) ... that texture revulsion kicks the gag reflex up to 11. I managed to down 75-80% of it before I was tempted to heave all over the kitchen. At least I got nearly two milk servings; those smoothie mixes count as one.

Final grade: with spoon, D-minus-minus. Next time I'll try it using water, with a blender.

Tomorrow: Talmadge takes on the fighting white bottle of Atkins Vanilla Shake. Kick-off time is about 7:15 a.m.

Ciao for niao.

--Talmadge "Wow, I coulda had a V-8 Splash" Gleck

No comments: