21 July 2008

I LOST 6.4 THIS WEEK!!

Strike up the band and pop the corks.

That's right, friends, at tonight's weigh-in, I have removed the sum of 6.4!

Ounces.

Which sounds a lot better than reality: -0.4

I didn't feel that optimistic about this one, and according to our bathroom scale, I would've had
either a miniscule drop, or else a small gain. I thought about changing into shorts for tonight's meeting, but thought the better of it.

I went in there wondering if the whole "FAMINE!!!" mechanism had tripped, causing my body to put the brakes on any weight removal. Or whether I'd jinxed everything last week by saying "Next week, 25!" And the Nettie pointed out that in 10 weeks of doing WW, I hadn't gained a thing. That could've been a bad omen.

I wanted to clear 25 and get that little magnet thingy and another five-point star. That would've required a mere 8/10s of a pound. So I got half that. Cume total gone is now -24.6

So now I'm now in a mindset of "WTF???" I stayed within points ... did a lot of activity ... ate fairly decently ... no hidden points (high-test popcorn). In retrospect, the only thing I might not have done so well in was the water. I had less water and more Diet Mountain Dew.

I just hope my body hasn't somehow become "immune" to the current habits. Because I will NOT do "salads and Tab."

What I really should do is focus not on the fractional number, but instead the NEGATIVE sign preceding it.

Easier said than done.

Ciao for niao.

--Talmadge "270.6" Gleck

2 comments:

Kate/Susan said...

I understand the disappointment--this week was the first week I didn't see a 2, 3, or 4 accompanying my loss and it was kinda disappointing...

I'm sure this means you'll have a big week next week. I'm happy you still posted a loss!

nettiemac said...

It's a loss .... TAKE IT AND RUN!! I know how frustrating it is, though. I've had quite a few 0.2 and 0.4 and 0.6 .... but they add up.

Hang in there buddy!