30 July 2008

Reversing roles

Just a funny drive-by post/observation:

Right now I'm bumping to CD a copy of an album (cassette) I picked up this afternoon at a local thrift store: Mystical Adventures (1982) by jazz keyboardist-violinist Jean-Luc Ponty. That name I've long been familiar with, but not a whole lot of his music. The Roger Dean album cover got my attention (he was best known for vintage Yes album cover art), so for the sum of 75 cents, I bit. My thinking here was, "Anything with Roger Dean artwork on the front can't be terrible in the grooves" -- or, in this case, on the tape.

I like what's on here ... it has a good latter-day "fusion" sound to it.

It just occurred to me that I'm making a CD/R from a cassette master. 10+ years ago, I was doing the exact opposite: dubbing from a CD to a blank cassette (usually a Maxell XL-II, my brand of choice during days of whine and analog).

That's all. Ciao for niao.

--Talmadge "You can't type the word 'Analog' without typing 'Anal'" Gleck

No comments: