10 September 2008

Good news, but even better for the missus

I'll let her share the news on her end, but as for me I'm a bit perplexed. Just as last week, I went into the weigh-in expecting a fractional drop - or, as I've long feared, my first "unscheduled" gain.

And yet again, the numbers were a big surprise. This week, I'm down -1.4 pounds.

One of three things is happening:
1) The scale on the southside is calibrated far below the bathroom scale.
2) The bathroom scale is beginning to screw up.
3) I'm dropping weight during the day.

I ate very light today, as always, and this time I had a weekend where I might've bent things a little bit. Not a whole lot, but well into the single digits. We were in Troy for the weekend, so there was a little more eating out than usual. While I conscientiously tried my best to stay in Format, I'm sure I might've left something out, or miscounted a thing or two.

As last week, I'll take it and run. This means I'm at a total removal of -38.2. I'm 1.8 pounds away from my Birmingham goal of 40 pounds dropped. Three meetings between now and then, which means I can hit it with a mere 0.6 pound a week. That is, if the fates don't intervene and start playing their "goal games."

*********
Mom & Dad noticed. Well, Dad did. Saturday morning, at the breakfast table, he said "Have you lost weight??" I think they're shocked. But they're proud. All and good, but this isn't for them. It's for me.

And so far "for me" is closing in on forsaking 40 pounds.

Ciao for niao.

--Talmadge "257 even" Gleck

1 comment:

Kate/Susan said...

Congratulations! :-) I'm ready for my dollar :)