17 September 2008

Looks like I owe Miz Kate/Susan a buck.....

Weigh-in tonight. And I'm down -2.8 ..... blowing up my latest goal of 40 pounds dropped by October 1, a/k/a "40 by the 'Ham", by two weeks.

My cume as I begin Week #20 in Weight Watchers: exactly 41 pounds.

I don't know how I did it, but I did. The only thing I want between now and my trip to Birmingham next month is not to have any plus signs. That's all I want.

Meanwhile, meet my new goal: "SCARIN' AWAY 45." Here's hoping I can drop down to the psychologically important 250 mark by the end of October. Better yet, 249.9!

Even with my "Birmingham backslide" built into the matrix, I feel confident about this one.

*********
I am now 34.2 pounds away from my initial one-year goal of 75 pounds. That's what I set for myself when I first went on WW.

I'm 54.3 pounds shy of having - for the first time in more than 19 years - a weight beginning with a "1."

And, were I to decide to up the ante to an even 100 pounds, I'm now 59 pounds away from that number.

*********
I did some number-crunching this evening. I've removed 41 pounds after 19 weeks doing WW. Lopping off the first week and its 6-pound first week drop (water weight), and dividing 35 by 18, I find that I have removed 1.9444 pounds per week.

My incremental goals call for weekly drops varying between 0.8 and 1.6 per week. But were I to keep dropping weight at the above average (1.9444), I will be down the following:

New Year's Eve: 29 pounds (total of 70 pounds!)
44th Birthday: approx. 39 pounds (total of 80 pounds!)

And at that average, by the time May 5, 2009 rolls around - one year since joining WW - I'd be down 105 pounds.

Holy schitt.

On that note, ciao for niao.

--Talmadge "254.2" Gleck

2 comments:

Kate/Susan said...

Wow! :-) Congratulations!!!! And a dollar for me. Keep it on ice till I come visit again :-)

So happy for you!!! You are just doing so great, it makes me smile ear to ear.

nettiemac said...

Holy mackerel --- HOW FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!

PS: Richard hit his 50-pound mark tonight -- lost 2.6 to hit 51 even. WAHOO!