29 September 2008

Shuffling the deck(-sized music machine)

Here's a little game:
  • Put your music player on shuffle.
  • Post the first line (unless the first line reveals the song title) from the first 30 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing.
  • Strike through the songs when someone guesses both artist and song title correctly. (Just post a comment, and I will let that serve as the record.)
  • Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is CHEATING!
  • If you like the game, post your own
Beware: at press time, there is a total of 5,850 songs in my Tal-Pod™, covering any number of genres and formats. Here goes nothin'.......

1) "Life's created, automated, yesterday's invalidated..."
2) [spoken] "Awwww, GET A JOB??!!" "What for???" "I'm tryin' to think."
3) "I'm shuffling through the Texas sand....."
4) "Can you tell me where I might find the hydra / Is he wearing a familiar face?"
5) "Take a look at my girlfriend / She's the only one I got"
6) "We were the war children / Nineteen Forty Five"
7) "I loved you all the Summer through / I thought I found my dream in you"
8) "One day I was on the ground / When I needed a hand, and it couldn't be found"
9) "I like to get up / With my partner in crime"
10) "Stood still on a highway / I saw a woman by the side of the road"
11) "Oh I'm sorry, but it's time to move away / Though inside my heart I really want to stay"
12) "I remember all my life / Raining down as cold as ice" :-p
13) "Well I saw an old man, walking in my place / And he looked at me, it could have been my face"
14) "Make me a deal, and make it straight / All signed and sealed, I'll take it."
15) "You got a lot of nerve / To say you are my friend"
16) "Waiting in the wings / Your courage sings before you falter"
17) "When I get restless, what can I do / When I need someone, I think about you"
18) "Rock and roll is good time music / Listen to it"
19) "Such a drag, to want something sometimes / One thing leads to another, I know"
20) "It was 30 days around the horn / The captain said it's 35 more"
21) [first two lines contain title] "You stay on your side, and I'll stay on mine / You take what you want, and I'll take the sunshine / I said 'The world don't owe me no living'"
22) "....I'm so sad when you're away / I've been happy almost every day / Now that you're here to stay"
23) "Cloudy every morning / Sun don't ever shine"
24) "I had a dream, crazy dream / Anything I wanted to know, any place I needed to go"
25) "....each one seeking happiness / Thrown by three hopeful lovers"
26) "Put a candle in the window / Got a feelin', got to move"
27) "My love must be a kind of blind love / I can't see anyone but you" (that's a real gimme!)
28) "Well you walk straight ahead, but you're looking to your right / Got your eyes down low, but you hold your head high."
29) "If you ever change your mind / About leaving, leaving me behind"
30) "So you're in love with someone else / Someone who burns within your soul"

Have at it.......

Ciao for niao.

--Talmadge "Jack THIS. I'm playing what I Want" Gleck

PS: Answer key can be found on "The 6th Flavor"

5 comments:

Kate/Susan said...

I know #12 is Mandy by Barry Manilow.

I feel like I should know #5.

The erst will have to go to true musicphiles :-)

Seraphim9 said...

I don't know about most of them, but I'll take a stab.....

#2 is BIL's response when Sis asks him to get out and look for a job

#15 is something you'd like to say to a certain "double agent".

#27 is something you'd say to me, but the rest of that song's lyrics should be, "...unless they are wearing a 1984 Pretenders Concert Tour T-shirt".

-Seraphim "Spoken Like A True Smart-Ass" Gleck

Talmadge Gleck said...

Oh yes, the "Pretenders incident."

Don't think I'm ever gonna live that one down.

(PS to K/S: #5 is a classic rock workhorse, the title song to Supertramp's 1979 album Breakfast in America ... which gets my nod for one of the best album covers of all time)

nettiemac said...

Oh sure -- answer the only one I can answer with my fried brain at the moment!!! :D

nettiemac said...

Oh yeah -- duh!!!!!!

#8 -- Winning by Santana. One of my VERY favorites!