29 October 2008

How often does THIS happen??

It's another Wednesday Night At The Scale! This week, I logged a -1.2 drop, for a total of -47.6 fewer pounds on my person.

Now get this: my cume removal as of this week matches the last digits of my weight! 247.6 pounds. Is that cool or what??

Tonight it occurred to me just how close I am to crossing the 50-pound threshold. I'm 2.4 pounds away from that celebratory milestone. I was hoping to do this before Thanksgiving, so that looks very, very promising.

And next week (Wednesday, November 5) marks six months since joining Weight Watchers. I hold no delusions that I'll be down 2.4 pounds to make an even 50, but when has it ever hurt to dream?

Ciao for niao.

--Talmadge "Anyone for 60 pounds by year's end?" Gleck

PS: At tonight's meeting there was (*horrors!!*) another male lifeform in there. Appears he and his wife have joined up. My fingers are crossed that they'll be regular attendees.

2 comments:

Kate/Susan said...

Congratulations!! That's such a great accomplishment. I think the B'ham trip is long past and you can look forward to more and more losses! :-)

nettiemac said...

What K/S said -- every now and again, sometimes a "throwback" meal (or weekend) helps speed the process along. So it looks like The Ham did no harm -- and the cool thing is that you know that eating like that all the time isn't good.

Speaking of, if tonight's weigh-in keeps me in hover mode, I might try a Splurge Saturday to kickstart me. I think I may be dangerously close to the dreaded P word..... and if that's the case, I have to figure out what to do to get me out of the rut.

PS.... Sometimes you never know about how the stars and pounds align for milestone dates.