22 October 2008

Still waiting for that other shoe......

My October 31 goal was "Scaring Away 45." Consider it scared out of the room.

Tonight's weigh-in indicated another -1.6 pounds off my frame, putting me at -46.4 pounds. My weight was 248.8 ... meaning I am now below 250 for the first time in many years. Now I can climb the stairs to the attic (which are rated for 250#) without doing so very delicately. Holy crap, I'm below 250 pounds. This is cool!

Yet I'm still not ready to say I squeaked past my Birmingham backslide without incident. I'm afraid to, truth be known. Then next week will be the doozy.

Like my wife said, "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth."

Fair enuff.

And ciao for niao.

--Talmadge "On the bottom half of 200" Gleck

2 comments:

Kate/Susan said...

It's no wonder I'm not losing anything--you're losing it all! :-) hehe

Congratulations! I think the B'ham trip must be behind you by now. Maybe you're doing better at getting in extra activity than you thought? Something's gotta be working in your favor. Whatever it is, keep it up!

Seraphim9 said...

"Now I can climb the stairs to the attic (which are rated for 250#) without doing so very delicately."

I may make you regret stating this so publicly. I have witnesses now. :-)

Christmas season will be here soon, ya know. And guess where all the Christmas stuff is..........