07 November 2008

One of these things is not like the other

In celebration of six months doing WW, here's a nice A/B comparison:
Left: Self-portrait in the mirror ... 295 pounds, give or take a few.
Right: Picture Sera took of me this past evening. 247 pounds ..... 48 gone!

Yeah, I can see a difference. Not a whole lot, but that's just me.

And I've decided to lose the beard as soon as I make my 75-pound goal. When I grew it back (January 2006), I said in a blog post, "I don't know what moved me to do so" .... okay, so there was one big factor: I'd given birth to a redundant chin. I looked in the mirror one morning, didn't like what I saw, so I grew the grizzly.

So there you go. 75 pounds and I'll shed another pound or two of facial hair.

Or I might try going completely bald and keep a small goatee. The big question is, could I pull off THAT look?

(Is that my wife who just keeled over?)

Ciao for niao.

--Talmadge "How about a white suit and string tie to go with the goatee?" Gleck

No comments: