02 March 2009

...and not a single snowflake down here!

I thought the snow would've followed us from Missouri. In fact, for a couple of days the NWS forecast called for northern parts of the Coastal Empire and Lowcountry getting at least a dusting of white.

Nope, not a thing. The only flake in Meth-ingham County -- as usual -- is me. Just a little rain late last night. (Not counting the hellzapoppin' weather Saturday and Sunday over here; reviewing the EAS box tape at work this afternoon showed we had two tornado warnings. Luckily, nothing came of them).

We're back from our weeklong get-the-hell-away. Lots, and I mean LOTS, to 'travelogue' about. I've written a few days' worth, but bear with me ... this'll take some time.

Meanwhile, I offer a picture of Your Blog Host & Spouse outside of Teepee #6 at Wigwam Village in Cave City, Kentucky:
On that note ... tonight's supposed to be castrated-brass-monkey cold. We'll do our best to keep our wigs warm (to steal an old joke).

Ciao for niao.

--Talmadge "Back in the land of palm trees, pluff mud and sometimes rudeness" Gleck

No comments: