11 March 2009

Back above 20%

This weigh-in might call for an asterisk, or it might not. Just throwing that out there, in the spirit of full disclosure.

Tonight I "got back" -3.2 of the 4.2 pounds I gained last week. A pound of that, however, would've been the blood I donated about an hour before weigh-in. I figured, why not. What better time to drop some liquid poundage than just before a Weight Watchers meeting??

My cume is now -59.4 .... just 6/10 pound shy of being 60 down again (and when I can actually stick that 5-pound star on the bookmark), however what I'm celebrating is being over 59 again, meaning 20% of my body mass as of 05/05/2008 is gone.

I don't think I'm going to make the 75-in-a-year threshold (that would require more than 2 lbs. removed each week; quite the tall order, even by optimistic standards). I'll be happy for 65 down, and maybe 75 by my wife's 40th birthday late in July. And down below 200 before year's end.

In any case, we press onward.

Ciao for niao.

--Talmadge "235.8" Gleck

2 comments:

Kate/Susan said...

Congrats again! :-) It's such great news and I know you'll be over 60 next week.

nettiemac said...

YAHOO!!! Way to go!!!