16 April 2009

Back above 60 ... for good this time, I hope

Tonight was a good night. For two reasons.

Thursday is going to be our new weigh-in day. Tonight Sera and I went to the meeting at a church in nearby Bloomingdale (west part of Chatham County) ... which just so happened to be presided over by the same leader as does the Monday night meetings in Rincon.

The same one whose face last May 5 said: "I give him one month, tops. Ain't no way he's gonna shake his habits."

And she got to see me officially overtake the 60 pound wall, and passing the number I reached just before our February trip. This week I dropped -1.6 pounds for a total of -60.8!

I wanted to tell Miz Tina just why we defected from the Wednesday night meetings at the Center. That'll have to wait 'till next week, as there were a lot of new members tonight at Bloomingdale -- all in it together, all seven of 'em.

As we walked into the parking lot after the meeting, another woman struck a conversation with us -- she's been doing WW for eight weeks, but started out going to another meeting in town (led by Miss Richard-Simmons-On-Speed) before changing venues herself.

For the same reason we did.

Golly, there's nothing like "independent verification."

But it was something else she said. In fact it was the first thing out of her mouth. She said words to the effect of, "That's great about hitting 60. If you can do it, then I certainly can."

Yeah, that felt good, no two ways about it. Best of all, I cannot remember the last time I felt like I actually got something out of a Weight Watchers meeting. I liked how Miz Tina remembered not just who we were, but also made references to some things I said in meetings last Summer in Rincon. Clearly she showed concern about those in her flock, and not just blowing off everything we say with an "uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh."

At any rate, I'm glad that we can look forward to a meeting again. That we don't have to ask ourselves The Clash Question each time we go for weigh-in. You know: "Should we stay or should we go now?"

Or, as I started putting it, "OOOOOOOOOOOH!!!!!! or Noooooooooooh!!????" (referring to the way our former leader will launch into a hyper-applause as she says the former.)

My only hope is that meetings here don't turn into a major chick-fest, as they tended to do in Rincon. (not that WW meetings aren't already, but anyway.....)

So here we are. The game has resumed, and now I'm past 60. With fingers crossed that it also spells the end of a month-long plateau.

Ciao for niao.

--Talmadge "234.4" Gleck

3 comments:

nettiemac said...

Glad to hear you are back over 60!!!!

BTW, my leader and I had dinner after the meeting last week, and she reiterated much of what you've said in the past: as much as she would like to try, she cannot understand what it's like to lose 3-digits of weight -- and that she hopes that people see me and say, "If she can do it, I can lose my XX."

So hang in there!!!! And glad that you've found a meeting that can work for you!

Word verification: crammeti -- some new kind of pasta dish? :D

Seraphim9 said...

Crammeti - that's when someone goes on a pasta binge.

Talmadge Gleck said...

No, Crammeti is the act of forcing a recalcitrant child to eat that bowl of Chef Boy Ar Dee PSIAGSRTS*.

* = Pasta Swimming In A Grotesque Substance Resembling Tomato Sauce